Unfortunately, fatigue while in cancer treatment, is just one more thing you as the patient must conquer.
Cancer survivors have assisted us in creating this list of helpful suggestions to help you to boost your energy while being kind to yourself.
Fatigue is your body's way of letting you know that it is busy fighting cancer on the inside all the way down to the cellular level. As you leave treatment behind and move into remission, you will find that your energy level and quality of life will improve.
Ilse Marie Issels
Wife and Collaborator of Dr. Josef Issels, Our Founder
Fighting cancer is a full-time job that consumes every available bit of your energy. While your treatment is designed to assist you, it can intensify your feelings of fatigue.
Lack of energy seeps into your emotional state, making it difficult to maintain a positive attitude.
You don't have to resign yourself to feeling tired. Enlist the help of your support network in following these suggestions to rebuild your stores of energy.
• Let your healthcare provider know about your fatigue. He has experience dealing with the situation so he can offer ideas that have successfully helped other patients.
• Exercise may sound counterintuitive, but it's a great way to boost your energy along with your strength and emotional state of mind. It doesn't have to be a formal workout. A short walk or any other physical activity is beneficial.
• Follow a nutritional diet to keep your system in balance and build your strength.
• If you are having difficulty sleeping at night, spend time relaxing before you go to bed. Make your room as comfortable as possible and follow a regular sleeping schedule so your body adapts.
• Cancer treatment can make you feel isolated and alone. If you haven't already, join a support group. Knowing that others have experienced similar fatigue is comforting.
• Sometimes you just have to accommodate your tiredness and take a rest. After a while you'll find a balance and know when to keep going and when to relax.
Our cancer treatment professionals consider fatigue and other factors of your individual case to personalize your course of treatment. Contact us to learn more about the resources we offer to help you win your fight.
If you or a loved one has cancer, we invite you to contact one of our patient care specialists today to chat about how the Issels® Integrative Immunotherapy Program for Cancer may be the right choice for your health needs. We invite you to phone 1-888-447-7357 or visit us online at Issels.com.