Nutraceuticals - Their Part in Cancer Treatment
Nutraceuticals are natural bioactive compounds with medicinal properties that are used to promote health and prevent disease. They are sometimes referred to as phytochemicals or functional foods.
Nutraceuticals have been shown to be beneficial adjuncts to the treatment of cancer, chronic degenerative diseases and immune disorders by supporting the complex mechanisms of the body's immune system.
There are a great variety of nutraceuticals with different functions available. According to various studies nutraceuticals can assist in:
- Enhancing natural killer cell function.
- Enhancing macrophage activity.
- Enhancing production of tumor necrosis factor.
- Neutralizing oncogenes (cancer promoting substances).
- Re-differentiation of cancer cells (transforming cancer cells to normal cells through re-establishment of cell cycle controls).
- Inducing programmed cell death (apoptosis).
The Issels Treatment Center's intensive treatment protocols use nutraceuticals of highest quality, purity, and bio-availability. They are administered in the form of injections, tablets, capsules, and powders.
DISCLAIMER: The extent of the response to treatment varies from patient to patient, even with similar diagnosis as the internal bodily environment is unique to each individual patient.